25 October 2008


october 18
I have just tried my FIRST EVER Successful loaf of homemade sourdough bread-- sigh......of bliss...................
its not perfect mind you, a bit dense and more moist than it ought to be - but considering....
I discovered this WONDERFUL website called Breadtopia

http://www.breadtopia.com/2008/09/16/its-bread-baking-season/

Truly an awesome site teaching breadmaking from scratch INCLUDING making your OWN sourdough starter!! (i used the pineapple juice recipe) and making NO KNEAD Bread!! It is a time consuming (sort of ) recipe, but very very easy one. - I say sort of, because while each step Only takes a few minutes,
there are hours of waiting between steps! so PLANNING is a must!!!

but OH my is it worth it!!

ANY ONE can do this. Eric's videos are awesome (eric is the breadtopia guy) and REALLY help - have fun and TRY THIS!!

No comments: